Note that the internal project name for the VastSocial core software is TeamFlex and some older documentation uses the name Teamflex instead of VastSocial when in fact they refer to the same software.
What is VastSocial?¶
VastSocial is an extensible social network application that integrates into the rest of the VastPark framework. VastSocial provides a web based interface to your community allowing users to be involved from any web browser enabled device.
It is built on the Microsoft ASP.Net MVC 3 framework and as such is highly flexible and extensible. It features an advanced multi-community structure, automated community generation, private communities and groups and a powerful profiles system that allows your users to easily represent their ongoing social web activities inside your secure environment.
- Comprehensive Profile including profile links to LinkedIn, FaceBook and Twitter integration
- Activity streams, conversation-orientated messaging system, groups, libraries, virtual worlds integration
- Admin includes controls for users, role based permissions (including the ability to create new custom designed roles that can be applied to one or more users), template form and data source design tool, and more
- Chat, blogging and more
- Flexible item type that can be customized to suit a range of requirements
- Events (with countdown clocks to help global teams arrive at online events at the same time)
- New in September 2012: Inventory and Inventory Workflow
Where can I get it?¶
It is available as part of an Enterprise deployment. Contact us for a demonstration.